Nikki

Content Creator

Gumroad landing page review

Happy new week, everyone!

Better landing pages can lead to more sales. So let's look at your landing page with a critical eye and see what we might be able to help you improve!

Drop your Gumroad landing page URL in the comments. I'll be looking at every page and telling you what you're doing well and what, if anything, you may want to consider improving.

Looking forward to helping you! 😃
Like Comment

Where to promote your stuff within the community

Did you know that within the Gumroad community, there's a place for you to promote your products?

Here it is:

Head on over and drop the link to your latest product there. Can't wait to see what you've been working on!
Like Comment

Testimonials: Why you need them and how you can get them

Sometimes people are hesitant to buy something when they don’t know what other people think of it.

It’s understandable—when they hand over their hard-earned dollars to you, they want to be confident that they’re making a smart purchase.

And even though on your landing page, you’re there telling them your product is awesome…well, they’d rather hear that from someone else. Namely, someone else who’s already bought what you’re selling.

These days, social proof is so important. Including customer testimonials on your landing page could be the difference between making the sale or not.

So how do you go about getting testimonials?

If you’ve already sold products:

Send an email to your customers asking them what they thought of your product.

Go on your social media channels and ask what people have thought of your product.

And then add those valuable testimonials to your landing page!

But what if you haven’t made any sales yet?

Figure out who in your network might find your product helpful. Tell them you’re willing to give them the product for free in exchange for giving you an honest testimonial of your product. (Then go into Gumroad and create a discount code that will allow you to give them the product for free.)

Got other questions about testimonials? Let me know in the comments of this post, and I’ll be happy to help you!
Like Comment

How to make the text on your product page more easily readable

When you're writing text for your product pages, it's important to make your pages easily readable--it'll allow you to keep your buyer's attention better.

Here are a few tips to get you started--or, if you already have product pages completed, consider reviewing your pages with a critical eye and with these tips in mind.

Use subheaders and make them bold--this helps to give your page structure and break up walls of plain text.

Use shorter, more frequent paragraphs (as opposed to fewer but longer paragraphs).

The overall length of your text matters less than the readability of it. If it's easily readable, people are more likely to keep reading! And the more of your text that they read, the more chances you have to show them how your product can help them.

And a final note on readability: Always proofread your text before publishing it. Consider running it through a program like Word to spell-check it. Having text that is free of spelling and punctuation errors is an important detail and can ensure that your product page looks professional.
Like Comment

Planning any sales or promotions?

It's a popular time for creators to offer discounts and special promotions (especially for those who sell to customers in the USA, with the 4th of July holiday weekend coming up). 

Have you considered planning a special promotion for anything you're selling?

Gumroad offers many great features to help you create sales and promotions, like the ability to:

💲 Add a discount code to a product

📨 Email your customers/followers to announce the sale

🖋️ Make a post about the sale on your Gumroad page

Let me know what you're planning! And also let me know if you need tips, advice, etc.--I'm here to help!
Like Comment

Your links: An exciting update for creators!

Online, your URL can be as important as your logo.

Starting today, we’re changing all links on Gumroad to center creators.

So links to your Gumroad profile, posts, and products now begin with your username.

What do you think of this new change? Leave us a comment and let us know! 🙂
Like Comment